Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tieing Proposed contours to existing contours

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mjester
965 Views, 3 Replies

Tieing Proposed contours to existing contours

I'm using Civil 3D 09, building a proposed surface by adding polylines as contours. When I created the polylines, I made sure to snap to the existing contours to tie in. My existing surface is x-ref'd and data referenced to my proposed dwg. My problem is that not all of the proposed contours stay tied in to the existing contours when the polylines are added to the surface. Some places double contour lines appear. Is there a command that keeps proposed contours tied in to existing contours?? Any help? Edited by: MJester on Sep 2, 2009 8:51 AM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mjester

Drape a feature line on the existing grade at the tie in point and make
it part of the proposed surface. Then offset the same line 0.001 to the
outside and make it a border to avoid any odd triangulation.

HTH
JW
Message 3 of 4
quannguyen

Settings (weeding factors, supplementing factors & minimize flat area options) might cause the different between the given contours (polyline) and the surface contours. Smoothing options also make the surface contours appear differently. Try to add polylines as break line with small enough mid-ordinante distance might improve the result a little bit.
Message 4 of 4
MikeEvansUK

try letting the app do the work (may not work but) use 3 surfaces: eg, prop and final. Model but leave a 5? m gap from tie in to prop. Paste eg into final Delete unwanted triangles now paste prop. Hopefully it will auto complete for you. Fingies crossed : )
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report