Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tieing corridors and profiles together

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Calbarda
487 Views, 5 Replies

tieing corridors and profiles together

I have a centerline alignment, profile and assembly aswell as a ditch alignment and profile on either side of the road. The ditch grades do not match the grades of the road (the road has grades as low as 0.2% and the ditch has a minimum grade of 0.5%). My question is, is there a way within civil 3D 2008 to connect the assembly i have setup for the road to connect to the ditch profile elevation in a way so that it does not exceed a side slope of 3H:1V, and yes i do want it to push out the ditch alignment as needed.

Hopefully i explained that in a way that makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Carl

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kevinjackman
in reply to: Calbarda

If you have a generic link such as 'linkwidthandslope' at your sideslope, you should be able to specify the slope of the link (-3:1) in its parameters.  Then in the targets of your corridor, assign the ditch profile as the taget for that generic link.  Omit the target for width, as this would be controlled by your 3:1 slope.  From there, add generic link subassemblies for the ditch bottom and backslope.

Message 3 of 6
Calbarda
in reply to: kevinjackman

When i bring in the link "LinkWidthAndSlope" it defaults to a width of 10.000, how do i go about telling it to omit width?

Message 4 of 6
kevinjackman

you don't need to omit the length - it will be controlled by the corridor target.  If you go into the Corridor Properties, targets, you will set up a vertical target for the linkwidthandslope subassembly.  By doing this you are telling the link to continue at 3:1 until it reaches the profile target.

Message 5 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: kevinjackman

I could be wrong, I don't think so though.  The LinkWidthAndSlope, when provided with a profile target, will hold the width and vary the slope.  This is not what the OP needs from what I read into the post.  The OP should use LinkSlopeToElevation.  When provided a profile ditch target, it will hold the slope and extend the link out to the provided elevaiton.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 6
Calbarda

Thanks Matt, it looks like that did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report