Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The points are not points.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
347 Views, 4 Replies

The points are not points.

I received a drawing from another company it has points in it but they are not points. They are just an object. The company didn't include a point file. My question is how do i change those objects into points that i can use?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

List it and see if if they are at an elevation, you can ad text or a block to a surface as an object and it will read the elevation that the object is at

under the surface definition you will see a category drawing object this is where you can add the object to the surface

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Or yet another way (provided that these objects are blocks) would be to use the EATTEXT command.  Then you can create your own point file.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I had this same problem, here's a solution.  You'll see my question in the comments section went unanswered.  This works but you'll lose the original point numbers:

Blocks to Points

Message 5 of 5
TerryDotson

Zip and post (at least part of) the drawing and much better recommendations could be made.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report