AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Mark Martinez
Message 11 of 17 (39 Views)

Re: Getting down to it

01-21-2004 06:49 AM in reply to: *James Wedding
Rick, Unfortunately no. I agree completely, check out what happens when you undock the Toolspace. I suggested that you should be able to tear that sucker off and place it anywhere like the Panorama window. I also suggested that it have some kind of view persistence as to how you prefer to view the contents depending on what it displays. Speak up now if that is something you'd like to see in the product. Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
*James Wedding
Message 12 of 17 (39 Views)

01-21-2004 07:03 AM in reply to: *James Wedding
Just as an aside...we're taking the approach that a dual monitor system will be the only way to eeffectively use C3D. There's just too much information in Panorama and Prospector to be locked into a little 320 pixel column on the side. Two 18" LCDs can be had for the price of a VERY good 20", so if you're spending 1K on displays anyway, you might as well get two slightly smaller ones. Throwing it out there for consideration.... -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
*Fred Ernst
Message 13 of 17 (39 Views)

Re: Thanks for the great Placeware today!

01-22-2004 06:20 AM in reply to: *James Wedding
The recording loses the video when you went away and put the session on hold (from the Floating Curve demo forward). I see only a background photo of a sunset. Anyway to get that back? Fred
*Mark Evinger
Message 14 of 17 (39 Views)

01-22-2004 12:22 PM in reply to: *James Wedding
Now all we gotta do is worry about desk space and specifying dual-monitor cards on all the new equipment . Mark Evinger "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400e94c4_1@newsprd01... > Just as an aside...we're taking the approach that a dual monitor system will > be the only way to eeffectively use C3D. There's just too much information > in Panorama and Prospector to be locked into a little 320 pixel column on > the side. Two 18" LCDs can be had for the price of a VERY good 20", so if > you're spending 1K on displays anyway, you might as well get two slightly > smaller ones. Throwing it out there for consideration.... > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
*James Wedding
Message 15 of 17 (39 Views)

01-22-2004 02:19 PM in reply to: *James Wedding
Nope, you're gonna run dual LCDs. Color accuracy isn't that big a deal for most caddies. We were spending 900 on nice 22" CRTs, and now spend about 900 on two 18" LCDs. It's a wash. I can take a pic if you like of our test guys setup. It makes me jealous (I'm still running one biggie....) Now, the vid card is an issue, but since most mid-to-high level graphics cards have two digital heads anyway, that shouldn't be an issue, right? What, your company doesn't buy high end graphics cards? Want to come work for us? We're hiring... -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
*Greg Cashen
Message 16 of 17 (39 Views)

01-26-2004 09:28 PM in reply to: *James Wedding
Revit and Autocad user, but implementing Civil Series for our civil engineer, and I can say that I fully agree with the idea that (2) 18" are better than (1) 20" any day. I use revit or autocad on one screen and browser, windows explorer, excel, structural engineering programs on the other. Great way to work without having to alt-tab all day long! Greg Cashen Project Manager DCC Engineering Co. Walnut Grove, CA XP/1 on dual P4-2.4/2048 ACAD2004+Revit6+CivilSeries2004 (thanks james, for the sig!) "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400e94c4_1@newsprd01... > Just as an aside...we're taking the approach that a dual monitor system will > be the only way to eeffectively use C3D. There's just too much information > in Panorama and Prospector to be locked into a little 320 pixel column on > the side. Two 18" LCDs can be had for the price of a VERY good 20", so if > you're spending 1K on displays anyway, you might as well get two slightly > smaller ones. Throwing it out there for consideration.... > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
*Greg Cashen
Message 17 of 17 (39 Views)

01-26-2004 09:35 PM in reply to: *James Wedding
Actually, you can get GREAT refurbished Dells with amazing specs for a very decent price with dual head graphics cards standard...the 18" flat panels are so small, they take up less space than a single 20" crt. Of course, I read the slight sarcasm in your response, indicating some skepticism over the whole dual monitor solution (or rather, the suggestion that it is necessary), but I can assure you that duals offer much greater productivity benefits than a single monitor 2-3" bigger. Just my $0.02 Greg Cashen Project Manager DCC Engineering Co. "Mark Evinger" wrote in message news:401030f3$1_1@newsprd01... > Now all we gotta do is worry about desk space and specifying dual-monitor > cards on all the new equipment . > > Mark Evinger > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:400e94c4_1@newsprd01... > > Just as an aside...we're taking the approach that a dual monitor system > will > > be the only way to eeffectively use C3D. There's just too much information > > in Panorama and Prospector to be locked into a little 320 pixel column on > > the side. Two 18" LCDs can be had for the price of a VERY good 20", so if > > you're spending 1K on displays anyway, you might as well get two slightly > > smaller ones. Throwing it out there for consideration.... > > > > -- > > James Wedding, P.E. > > IT Manager > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > Dallas, TX > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.