Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text style keeps changing on me

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
EdWidy
533 Views, 3 Replies

Text style keeps changing on me

This has happened in a couple of drawings now. The STYLE dialog keeps saying "The current style has been modified. Do you want to save your changes?" even when I have changed nothing at all. Anyway, I select the style I want, hit Apply and  Set Current, and put in some text. Now I list that text, and sure enough, instead of being on L80 it says L-BASE|Standard or some such thing. If I use DTEXT, Style and set it there, my text will be the correct style - but if I go back to the Style dialog box, L-BASE|Standard will show as current again. What gives? Acad C3D 2011.

Ed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: EdWidy

Hello Ed,

Can you purge?

Sounds like a style that came in from an xref. Is that reference still attached? Close the current drawing and then use Recoverall. That will recover the container drawing and all references. Did that help?

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
EdWidy
in reply to: tcorey

Nope. I tried that then even went to all of the xrefs and WBLOCKed everything out to make new drawings. Still have the same problem I'll just chalk this up to a minor annoyance. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: EdWidy

One in a great while a client’s AutoCAD file will be infected with a long list of Text Styles that I cannot delete.  The file size is too large and text editing is very slow.  I have the fix.

First, go to the folder in explore so you can see the autocad files

1.) Open infected autocad file

2.) type the "dxfout" command and it will prompt you to save as an AutoCAD Interchange file.   Give it a random name like  XXXX because you will delete it in the very end.

3.) Now close the infected file and open that file XXXX

4.) Purge (that will remove the long list of Text Styles).

5.) SaveAs over the infected file and Whalla!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report