Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text size in Layout view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
morganproven8200
1984 Views, 3 Replies

Text size in Layout view

I'm having trouble with the text scaling in C3D 2011.  Using the viewport scale, I can get my profile to appear at the size I want, but the text is out of whack. 

I seem to remember using the annotation scale to set the text size and the standard scale to set everything else in C3d 2010, but this doesn't appear to work in 2011. They seem to not be independent (ie when I change one, the other changes as well).

Any help would be most welcome

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The following blog articles may be helpful in explaining what is happening:

http://www.civil3d.com/2008/12/understanding-civil3d-annotation-scaling/

http://www.civil3d.com/2010/07/civil-3d-annotation-scaling-revisited/

HTH,

Josh Modglin
Advanced Technologies Solutions Logo
Message 3 of 4

I've recently moved from Land Desktop where the viewport seemed to be just like a window into model space.  This is what I'd like. Everything is sized exactly the way I want it in model space...

Any way to mimic this?

Message 4 of 4

Is there any documentation or a manual that would deal with text size in layouts?

I've been able to get my plan and profile to look correct in both model space and paper space, but am unable to do so with the cross sections. 

I can get the cross section grid to the size I need it to be in paper space, but if I make the text an appropriate size to match (in paper space) it is so large in model space that it's un-readable. 

I could email the drawing to anyone willing to help me out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report