Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text question editing in properties

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kmedeiros1
241 Views, 2 Replies

Text question editing in properties

okay i know you can use the style command or change to mtext, but it is just one word i want to change from normal to bold.  this is where i am at:

command: "dt"

typed my word and finished command

selected my word i just used and right clicked, selected properties.

in the properties menu, under text is the contents.  contents is shows what word i created.  just as typing %%d creates a degree symbol, i know there is a code to type to make it bold, italic or whatever.  my question is what is that code? 

Thanks

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: kmedeiros1
Message 3 of 3
deltacoolguy
in reply to: kmedeiros1

@kmedeiros1 wrote:

okay i know you can use the style command or change to mtext, but it is just one word i want to change from normal to bold.  this is where i am at:

command: "dt"

typed my word and finished command

selected my word i just used and right clicked, selected properties.

in the properties menu, under text is the contents.  contents is shows what word i created.  just as typing %%d creates a degree symbol, i know there is a code to type to make it bold, italic or whatever.  my question is what is that code? 

Thanks

I am not aware of anything within DText ("dt" command) that will allow bold.  To the best of my knowledge bold is only available in MText.  In MText it's pretty easy and MText has become pretty powerful and flexible over the years to the point that I am using DText less often... though I do still use it some.

In MText Edit you just slect the word you want, or the whole thing if applicable, and pick the "B" button on the ribbon.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report