Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not coming through in xref in paperspace

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
deltacoolguy
4887 Views, 2 Replies

I have a detail that I made.  It is a detail only, with lots of text.  Annotative text, if that makes a difference.  I xref'd it into my drawing directly into the layout (title block) and all the linework showed up, but not the text.

I tried xreffing it into modelspace and creating a named view with a viewport in the title block.  The text shows up in modelspace, but the text does not show up in the viewport.

I got some message (this was yesterday, and I forget now the precise wording) that the scales didn't match up, so I reset the scale of the viewport to match the scale of the x-ref'd detail drawing and the text pops in fine in the viewport.

I should note that I used another drawing created by someone else, and in a prior version, as a base for the detail, so maybe that has something to do with it.  When I make small details from scratch and x-ref them directly into paperspace I don't get this same problem

Now, this works fine for a workaround, I suppose, but I'd like to know what's going on so that I can have a better workflow in the future and/or fix this one.  I did some searching and read some things in similar scenarios about annotative text being the culprit, but nobody's scenario matched mine close enough.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JustOpie
in reply to: deltacoolguy

It appears you are using annotative scales. In PaperSpace, the annotative scale setting cannot be changed, thus your XREF text which is probably assigned to a different annotative scale does not show up.
Message 3 of 3
deltacoolguy
in reply to: JustOpie

@rlawrence wrote:
It appears you are using annotative scales. In PaperSpace, the annotative scale setting cannot be changed, thus your XREF text which is probably assigned to a different annotative scale does not show up.

Yes, that is it.  I created a custom scale of 1=4 for the detail, and that is not a "natural" scale setting, and is not in the destination drawing.

That also explains why I had to set the viewport scale to the x-ref 1=4 scale to get it to show up that way.  I just didn't make the logical connection in my mind that the same concept would adversely affect the direct x-ref as well.  All is working as intended now and it is properly x-ref'd directly into paperspace as I prefer.  Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report