Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Mask Deletes text

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
mnyrac
2870 Views, 13 Replies

Text Mask Deletes text

I have used text mask for a long while and in the past month, when I use the text mask function, it erases my text completely.  I am refering to the express tools command; not the background mask in Mtext.  I have checked the display order.  

The text mask settings are correct where as it is placing a wipeout.  If I turn on the frames, I can move the wipeout and there is no text underneath.  

I've done several audits and recovers and that does not help.  This happens with all my drawings now, not just one.

Thanks

caryn

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: mnyrac

Try DRAWORDER and bring the text to the front.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 14
mnyrac
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

That was the first thing I did.  There is no text there.

Message 4 of 14
troma

Is there anything weird in the commandline when you run the command?  I'm wondering if the text is being moved or put on a different layer somehow, have you checked all layers?

Meanwhile, why not just use the Mtext background mask?  We find it much more predictable in behaviour.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 14
sfore

seems to be something else that got broken a few versions back.  i do what troma rcommended and that is use the mtext background mask.  it works.

Message 6 of 14
mnyrac
in reply to: sfore

There is nothing unusual with the command line.  It states that  "1 Text items have been masked with a Wipeout".

I then turned on and thawed all layers and there is no text there.  

I normally do use background mask but in this case, there are about 50 single line text labels that are now being covered by hatching.  I would rather not convert them all to mtext and then turn on a background mask.

I guess I would like to know why its happening.  But I can always work around it in the end.

Message 7 of 14
troma

I'm right with you on wanting to know why.  I can't help you there though!

Why don't you just add the text to the hatch as a boundary?  Alternatively, here is a lisp that converts multiple text to multiple mtext; i.e. does not combine them into one mtext.  You may find that helpful.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 14
mnyrac
in reply to: troma

Yeah, I think that's the next step... Silly me for wanting all the commands to work properly in CAD!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
omar79761

turn your annotation off on your text and your text mask should work fine after that.

Message 10 of 14
gbondoc

We've run across that problem as well. Audit your file and it should fix the errors. Text mask seems to work as usual after the errors get fixed.

Message 11 of 14
omar79761
in reply to: gbondoc

just to clarify, when the audit does not work, as in the instance at our firm, check to make sure your text is not annotative text as that was our problem.

We had never encountered that problem before(2007,2008,even 2009), we are using AutoCAD 2012(first time encountering textmask problem).

good luck

Message 12 of 14
blippold
in reply to: omar79761

Had the same problem. Turning off the annotation solved the problem.

Message 13 of 14
bmorrison
in reply to: omar79761

Thank you! Removing annotation solved the problem for me.

Message 14 of 14
knelsonM3CGW

Had this issue today and auditing fixed it. Thank you, I was going insane!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report