Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text in style expression

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rfg018
1510 Views, 4 Replies

text in style expression

I'am trying to creat a style expression with the final aswer be text.

my expressions is for an alignment  If( offset >0, "N", "S") 

I want if the offset is right I want the letter "N" and if left  use the lette "s".

I can see how to add a text string. Please help

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: rfg018

This feature currently does not exist in C3D, although I think people have been wishing for it for quite a while now.  As it exists right now, Expressions are limited to numeric values.

Sinc
Message 3 of 5
Sinc

...Although there is a "hack" you can use in some cases...

For many text components, you can also use an Expression to set the text height.  So you can create an expression that returns a very small value for text height for components you don't want to see. So for example, you can have two text components, one that displays "N" and one that displays "S".  Then, configure a suitable expression for the text height of each component, so the desired one prints at normal height, and the other prints at something like Height = 0.0001.

This trick can't be used in all cases, and it only works if you have background masking turned off, but it can come in handy from time to time.

Christopher (C3DReminders) has some examples of styles like this.

Sinc
Message 4 of 5
Civil3DReminders

Here's a link to one of the examples of expressions Sinc is refering to: http://style.civil3dreminders.com/bearinglabelnorth,east,southorwest

Man I really need to spruce up that site, it looks really ugly.

Message 5 of 5
rfg018

Thanks I will give this a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report