Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in Paper Space disappeared!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hjesus87
3189 Views, 3 Replies

Text in Paper Space disappeared!

Hello,

I recently updated to autocad civil 3d 2015 from 2014. When I opened any drawing that I created before the update all Text in all Layouts in paper space has disappeared! Unfortunately I did not notice this right away and now I have a drawing where I have lost all text in paper space in every layout tab, is there any way to retrieve this lost text?? I have searched forums all over the web and cannot find anybody that has had the same problem. Please Help

P.S. if I don't save the drawing and someone else in my office opens the same drawing the text appears as it should but if I save the drawing then text disappears for everyone.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: hjesus87

hjesus87 wrote:

P.S. if I don't save the drawing and someone else in my office opens the same drawing the text appears as it should but if I save the drawing then text disappears for everyone.

What version are the other users using to open those files which behave normally?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: hjesus87

Can you post the file?  Maybe someone here can open it and find something.  I don't have access to 2015 so I can't test it myself but that might shed some light on the subject.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
hjesus87
in reply to: Jay_B

It seems like this is only happening with files created by AutoCAD Map 2010. I have actually resolved the issue with some help. It seems like it had something to do with the saving down of the file to version 2007 and the fact that the text was annotative. So what we ended up doing is the following;

Be sure you’re in Paperspace. At the command prompt, paste the following code and press Enter:

(setq ls (ssget "x" (list (cons 0 "MTEXT")(cons 67 1))))

Then, at the command prompt, type Select. When it asks to select objects, type !ls and Enter until back to the command prompt.

On the Properties dialog, change the Annotative property to No

Hope this helps anyone stuck in the same situation!

Thank you to all that replied.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report