Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Height

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
martin888888
561 Views, 2 Replies

Text Height

In a metric drawing I am trying to get some text styles set up for text labels and titles.

1) In the properties dialog box what units does it measure height in?  Doesnt look like its millimeters.

2) In paper space you can size your text to a normal 3/32" or 1/8" text hieght.  How do you set up text in model space so it comes in correctly (correct size) in paper space?  Do you need to know the paperspace viewport scale ahead of time to add the correct text sizing to your profiles and misc text?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: martin888888

if you are seeing inches I would thing your drawing was not setup with a metric dwt file

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
miked
in reply to: martin888888

I am assuming that you are referring to plain text and not Civil3D labels.

1) The text height is millimeters.

2) Create a annotative text style with the paper space height set see below and set current. Now you can create the text in your model spaces once you have created the text you need to add all the possible viewport scales to the text via properties.

3) When you have created your viewport set your viewport scale and from the viewport properties make sure you set the viewport annotation scale to the viewport scale.

You must remember you are working in metric not imperial so you cam not mix the two 3/32 and 1/8 don't exist

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report