Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Fonts

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
michael.marler
990 Views, 8 Replies

Text Fonts

I work for a local governement and we have contracted out a lot jobs over the years.  We have one Engineering firm that uses specific text styles.  However over the years those old text styles and been lost.  I have found two of three styles online but the third one seems to not exist anywhere.  It is HELVCL.shx and without it there is a lot of text that looks like a foreign language in the drawings as you will see in the attachment.  Does anyone have this text style? or can anyone tell me how to change it in the drawings.  When I change text styles the usual method it changes the over all look of the text but it is still not readible.  Any help will be greatly appreciated because these drawings are ones that we give back out to other consultants for different projects.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cfarrow
in reply to: michael.marler

My first thought would be to specify a substitute font. See this support page.

Clayton Farrow
Civil 3D 2017
Windows 7 Professional
Message 3 of 9
Jay_B

Ask the Engineering firm to ETRANSMIT the dwg (which will include associated fonts used in dwg) and then add those fonts to a folder that is mapped on Options>Files Tab>Support File Search Path of the user profile.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 9
gccdaemon

The font is a helvetica based font. You could try swapping it for the basic helvetica, or you can use one of these .SHX files I found to see if they might work instead.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 5 of 9

I want to thank everyone for the help.  The zipped font file helped greatly.  I just have to explode some blocks and change a couple of things.

Message 6 of 9
gccdaemon

Glad to hear it. I found a zip file somewhere online that had about 800 SHX files. Might want to download that one. It has a few converted microstation shx files as well. I could send you my library, but it's around 25meg. Oh, and don't forget to mark as solved.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 7 of 9
michael.marler
in reply to: gccdaemon

If you could send it that would be great we are always coming across some older drawings that have a unique font.

Message 8 of 9
gccdaemon

Files upload is too large...what's your e-mail? i got it down to 12-13meg.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 9 of 9
michael.marler
in reply to: gccdaemon

my work email is

michael.marler@cityofalex.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report