Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Editing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
S**t_Just_Got_Real
642 Views, 9 Replies

Text Editing

In LDT I had 2 commands that I used quite often.  Text to M-Text and Multiple Text Edit.  Neither of which seem to work in Civil 3D.  Do I need to change the Macro for these to work? Or am I SOL?

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

>> Text to M-Text

Command TXT2MTXT (defined in ExpressTools)

>> Multiple Text Edit

Command _MTEDIT (>>>details<<<) or _DDEDIT (>>>details<<<)

What happens if you start this via commandline?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10

The text to mtext worked when I used the command prompt but the multi text edit did not.

Message 4 of 10

Hi,

>> but the multi text edit did not.

Can you please describe what "did not work" means?

Does it report "unknown command" or it gives some other error-message or AutoCAD crashes or it lets you not select a MTEXT or a TEXT-object or ....

(sorry, can't see your screen 😉 )

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 10

To edit an MText element, double click on it and the editor starts up. No command is needed.

If you really want to run a command, you could also Right Click and pick "MText Edit" from the list, but double click is much faster.

Much has changed in the user interface. I remember years ago working with a team and they pointed to "Jim" who was the fastest operator they had. This guys hands were flying and he picked ZOOM and PAN from the menu to move around in the drawing. After watching him for a minute or two, I showed him zoom and pan using the wheel mouse and told his boss to buy some.

Just because your hands are moving fast doesn't mean you're working fast.

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 10

Error LOAD failed.

Message 7 of 10

@S**t_Just_Got_Real wrote:

... and Multiple Text Edit.  Neither of which seem to work in Civil 3D.

I don't see that anyone has addressed this issue. Neither MTEDIT or DDEDIT are a "Multiple Text Edit" command.

How did you launch this command in LDT? Type in? Toolbar button? Some other way?

Do you know the actual command name that is used at the command line?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 10

Sorry about that, it's been so long I couldn't remember what that command did and I don't have LDT loaded on this machine. That command popped up a dialog box that allowed for multiple lines of text editing. It used LDT tools (written in ADS) that are not part of Civil 3D. There are some old post on the newsgroup where people have rewritten the command in LISP. In general all the AutoCAD type tools (text, layers, etc) that shipped with LDT are not part of Civil 3D.

I use the double click on all my text. If there are multiple lines of old text elements, I would use the express tools command to put them into a mtext object and again use the double click to edit.

The other thing that old tool had was an import text file. This can be done on the right click menu when editing MText now.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10

^C^C(load "tedit");_TEDIT  (macro)

_TEDIT (command line)

Message 10 of 10

when I want to edit multiple Mtext, I select similar>> properties and pick contents. ACAD cycles through all the selected

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report