Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Component Editor not clear

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
randoshadow
2971 Views, 8 Replies

Text Component Editor not clear

This is not the most pressing issue, but for years the text in the label text component editor, I hqve grown to live with it until I have used Civil 3D on my new work laptop where the text is clear. Is there a setting on my desktop where I cna get my text companent editor to be more readable?

Capture.JPG

I know not the biggest issue but something that has bugged me for years.

Thanks,

Randy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
OMCUSNR
in reply to: randoshadow

Different video cards / dirvers?  Maybe update your current drivers to latest available??

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 3 of 9
klugb

It depends on which version of windows your in to find the setting,  but the fix is to turn off ClearType text.

Bruce

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 9
ccookusi

A better fix would be the ability to change the background color and displayed font style.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 5 of 9
BrianHailey
in reply to: klugb

Bruce has the solution. A while back I wrote blogged about how to do this in W7. You can read it HERE.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: BrianHailey

Good one there Brian.

Bill

Message 7 of 9
JOKO_
in reply to: BrianHailey

I was excited about this solution and went around to the other engineers in my office to tell them about it.  Then I noticed that, although deselecting the cleartype text makes the text in the component editor more clear, it simultaneously makes most other text (on the left side of the component editor, in the files explorer, etc.) more difficult to read.  So, not worth it for us.  It would be great if just the text for the component editor could be adjusted. 

Message 8 of 9
ChrisRS
in reply to: JOKO_

I do not have a problem with ClearType being off.

Windows 10, Version 1089,  -  Civil 3D 19.2  -  Native Resolution, 100% Display Scaling.

(Display scaling has been problematic in the past.)

Here are my results, including "zooms":

image.png

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: JOKO_

I find this to not be a problem.  Turn it off, turn it on.  Turn it off, turn it on.

I can do this faster than typing the above.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report