Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrain flip face

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kedovac
352 Views, 2 Replies

terrain flip face

i've been working few years with sufraces but few days ago working on one project when i wanted to flip face by adding a new line that new line didn't force crossing lines to flip but create surface points in intersections instead. any idea what to do to have it like before when adding a new line would force lines below new line to flip.
thanx.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kedovac

Why not just use the "flip face" command? Terrain > Edit Surface > Flip Face Or am I misunderstanding your question? Russell
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kedovac

Hi, I assume you are talking LDT, not C3D. What you are seeing is a 'new feature' that was added a few versions ago. LDT now 'remembers' what triangle edges were created from a breakline definition, and the terrain edit / 'add Line' will not dishonor that in-put data definition. However, as Russell has pointed out, the terrain edit / 'flip face' has no such integrity, and is more than willing to re-triangulate like you want. Talk about inconsistent behavior. Add-line is nothing more than an easy way to flip multiple faces, yet it operates by different rules than the 'flip face'. I understand the evolution of thought as to why it was added - but the way it was implemented was not well thought out. The user should not expect that 'add line' behaves like non-destructive break lines in some cases, and flip faces in other cases. There is no visual indication when importing lines to edit - which are controlled by breaklines constraints and which are not. The matter only gets worse when working with landXML surface data. In this case, ALL edges are treated as breaklines and 'add line' does nothing more than imitate non-destructive breaklines in its behavior. sc "kedovac" wrote in message news:12116104.1088807530485.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > i've been working few years with sufraces but few days ago working on one project when i wanted to flip face by adding a new line that new line didn't force crossing lines to flip but create surface points in intersections instead. any idea what to do to have it like before when adding a new line would force lines below new line to flip. > thanx.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report