Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary File (As XREF) slows drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cfarrow
286 Views, 2 Replies

Temporary File (As XREF) slows drawing

I'm working on a rather large subdivision (not uncommon, certainly used to a longer-than-normal load time) but have found one of our XREF files to be bringing drawing loads to a screeching halt. We have XLOADCTL set to 2, which explains the creation of the temporary file.

I have previously gone into the file and reset the scale list, which helped speed things up by about 50%, but today it appears to be doing the same thing.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from becoming a more serious problem? Can I add some sort of SCALELISTEDIT reset command to the acaddoc.lsp file?

Thanks,

Clayton Farrow
Civil 3D 2017
Windows 7 Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: cfarrow

Coincidence, this is from earlier today:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Field-for-Viewport-Showing-XREF-Scale-First/m-p/39151...

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: troma

From experience, be a little cautious with blindly using the "Reset" option on the scales list.  If the file has been pared down to a handful of scales and the default list has more than that (it usually does), you can actually end up adding more scales to drawings.  The good news is there are a couple of very nicely done scale list control LSPs in the LISP forum which allow for much finer control of what to do with the list of scales in a drawing.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report