Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

templates and styles

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
trynders
141 Views, 5 Replies

templates and styles

hello,
I'm am new to C3D as coming from LDT. my question is this. If I am working in a drawing and I change a style (say for a Profile view) to get it to look like I want, how can I save that style to my dwt file. I was told I could drag and drop the style from my drawing to my template file and just save changes in the template. but I cannot seem to be able to do that? do all revisions to the dwt file need to be done in that file? I would like to revise the style on an as-needed basis and then save the revision to the template for the next time? Any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tscheevel
in reply to: trynders

Open the drawing that you have edited the style in.
Open the template drawing that you want to add the style to.
In the Toolspace Settings tab, grab the style that you want to add to your template, drag it into the drawing area of the template drawing that you want to add the style to, and drop it there.
Message 3 of 6
Nrhoads

You should be able to drag and drop the styles into the template. If you have the drawing open with the styles you have updated and you then open the dwt (SDI needs to be set to 0). In the drawing area, minimize the your dwg and the dwt should be in view. The drawing (or dwt) that is currently in the drawing area will be the one current in your toolspace (bold). Go to the toolspace and find the dwg and expand the pluses to get to the style you want to drag - drop. You can now drag it into the drawing area or through the toolspace to the appropriate place in the dwt's list of styles and drop it there too.

Another way I have done it is to get my drawing going, update or change the styles and some layers here and there, then save the drawing. After the save do a saveas to a dwt file. I overwrite the old dwt (be careful though). This way you will not miss a style, layer, dim style, text style, etc. that you have created in the dwg. Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 6
trynders

Thanks, I did get it to work
Message 5 of 6
trynders

What if I have a current working drawing with alignments, surfaces, etc. and do a save as to a DWT file. Will the surfaces, etc become part of my DWT file. I would not want that.
Message 6 of 6
Nrhoads

Sorry, I meant to say after you do a save in your dwg, do an erase all and then saveas to a dwt file!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report