Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sambrown12
373 Views, 5 Replies

Template

I have just got Civil 3d and am looking at the tutorials, creating data points, it tells me to get a template from a file but i cannot find any templates, i have the template folder but nothing in there?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: sambrown12

Go to the "Big A" in the upper left hand corner, then select New.  It will jump to your template folder.  Your templates are located in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Template.  Keep in mind AppData is a hidden folder.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 6
Jay_B

If your looking for the tutorial drawing folders they are Here

This is 2012 location but others will be similar.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
sambrown12
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

i found this, but there is nothing in 'template' . im doing the very first tutorial for data points, it tells me to create a surface which i did and then tells me to add points so on the add points menu it says select PENZD and then add a file which is meant to be a template but this is what i cant find because there isnt anything in the template folder?

Message 5 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM

That's not a template file, it's an ASCII file in the form of a .txt, .csv, etc.

Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Probably here.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\Help\Civil Tutorials\

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report