Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tech support at autodesk

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
JulieT
382 Views, 34 Replies

tech support at autodesk

I am having trouble with my C3D2008 Pipe Networks. I have a help request at the product support, but their reply simply stated they couldn't reproduce my error. Does anyone out there have a phone number or a way of contacting someone for help, without having to wait half a day for an "I don't know" answer? Any ideas or suggestions would be a HUGE help.

Confused and frustrated
34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
JulieT
in reply to: JulieT

Thanks to all for the advise. I finally just gave up and started a new drawing. I transferred all my points, surfaces, profiles etc. to the new drawing and everything now appears to be ok. I am a new user to C3D and spend a lot of time trying to just get things to work. I am currently looking for a class to take, but I am having a hard time finding anything in within about 800 miles (I am in Montana) and the closest is in Colorado.... so, as long as you all don't mind, you will probably be seeing a lot of me in the chat room.

Thanks Again,

Julie
Message 22 of 35
dana.probert

sounds very similar to the problem i was (and still am) having. i did find that i needed to make sure I have admin rights to every single folder in that Autodesk support files folder where the pipe catalog was kept, otherwise, i couldn;t do squat.

i am having another problem with my road cataog, and i am thinking that the two issues might be stemming from the same underlying issue.

so my next step is to try a clean uninstall- a really clean uninstall including a registry scrub and probably switching over to my admin user instead of the other user i have on that machine then reinstalling.

as much as a PITA as an uninstall is, it is usually less PITA than fighting with this kind of thing.

my rule of thumb is always to submit the subscription support request- because a lot of the time they are great and helpful, and if they can't help you, you at least can take it to the next level and say "support couldn't help me" which shows you've taken some due diligence in using resources.

Support- Reseller-Discussion Group is usually a decent trifecta for finding some kind of answer or at least comiserators.
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 23 of 35
jwedding

Drop me a line....james.wedding@ either domain below. We've talked to some
other folks in the area about doing a trip up in the direction to try and
help out.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 24 of 35
billneu

JulieT,

What part of Montana? We do training in MN,ND and SD. If we could get enough in MT that would be an option. I lived in Great Falls many years ago, miss the mountains!

Bill Neuhauser P.E.
Alignex, Inc.
www.c3dtrixbybillneu.com
Message 25 of 35
annw2

I always try to be nice to support. I am usally angriest here. Computers don't care and messages can just be deleted if irritating.

Reseller support here is very willing to help, when he isn't teaching a class. Otherwise, I get the very willing, lower end sales who aren't familiar with the high end package. That is usually after being on hold for several minutes while the techs are on other calls. A lot of times, I can figure a work around while waiting.

I usually do get better support here.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 26 of 35
JulieT

I am in Great Falls, but am willing to travel to other places to take the class. My husband is in the Air Force, so originally I purchased the program in Florida, have since moved to CA, and now MT. Had I realized it would be so difficult to find training here, I would have taken care of it in the 4 months we were in CA.
Message 27 of 35
billneu

JulieT,

Here is my e-mail address

bneu at alignex dot com

We can discuss this there.

billneu
Message 28 of 35
Nrhoads

IMHO, this DG is the most helpful thing I've found. There are some folks on here that like to give a "smart" answer but most answers are helpful and insightful.
For those who do not know, there are some good blogs as well. Most of them have archived articles on subjects that might be just what you are looking for at certain times.
Try:
civil3d.com
http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com/
http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/
and many more...
Message 29 of 35
Anonymous

Hi Hick,

I have tried to access the Civil Community a couple of times over the last
week (including just now for the link below) and the site seems to have
disappeared.

Has anyone found a similar problem.

--

Laurie Comerford
CADApps
www.cadapps.com.au
www.civil3Dtools.com

wrote in message news:5585187@discussion.autodesk.com...
IMHO, this DG is the most helpful thing I've found. There are some folks on
here that like to give a "smart" answer but most answers are helpful and
insightful.
For those who do not know, there are some good blogs as well. Most of them
have archived articles on subjects that might be just what you are looking
for at certain times.
Try:
civil3d.com
http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com/
http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/
and many more...
Message 30 of 35
billneu

The link to the Civil Community works for me Laurie!

Maybe they just have you blocked! 😉

Bill Neuhauser
Message 31 of 35
T_Bernhard

[clip]
Hi Hick,
[end clip]

Gosh, I hope that was a typo...

I can access the Civil Community site from here on the other side of the Strait, Laurie, but it's always been slow and sometimes times out on me. We're running on ADSL down here, so if you're running on 56k modem (which your comments elsewhere seem to indicate) then that might be the issue. I've put in a feedback sheet about it and had a response but whether something gets done soon is anyone's guess.

Trevor
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous

Hi Trevor,

I don't think it's connect speed.

I argue against inconsiderate posters who attach oversize files on behalf of
the community at large, not myself specifically.

However, I still haven't been able to access the site today from either home
or the office.

--

Laurie Comerford
CADApps
www.cadapps.com.au
www.civil3Dtools.com
wrote in message news:5585858@discussion.autodesk.com...
[clip]
Hi Hick,
[end clip]

Gosh, I hope that was a typo...

I can access the Civil Community site from here on the other side of the
Strait, Laurie, but it's always been slow and sometimes times out on me.
We're running on ADSL down here, so if you're running on 56k modem (which
your comments elsewhere seem to indicate) then that might be the issue. I've
put in a feedback sheet about it and had a response but whether something
gets done soon is anyone's guess.

Trevor
Message 33 of 35
Nrhoads

It wasn't a typo Trevor, I'm from LA (Lower Alabama).
Thanks for your concern though!
Message 34 of 35
T_Bernhard

Oh dear, the nuances of good-natured teasing don't translate to text all that well. In future I'll keep my trap shut and just let the individuals involved rip into each other 🙂
Message 35 of 35
Nrhoads

I was teasing too... I believe it was a typo, at least it better have been or "we'll take it outside!"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report