Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Linked to Back o=f Urban Sidewalk Instead of Front?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
555 Views, 7 Replies

Target Linked to Back o=f Urban Sidewalk Instead of Front?

Briefly, what I want to do in a street corridor is this:

Back of curb is set.

I want a 4 ft. wide sidewalk sloping toward the street at 2% to follow a baseline with 2d & 3d data at the BACK of the walk.

I want the slope in between the front of the 4 ft. walk and the back of the curb to be whatever it is. The distance between the back of curb and front of walk varies. But the width of the walk is a constant 4 ft.

Is this possible, or do I need to do my baseline at the front of the walk instead of the back? I would rather have it at the back since I have to match driveways and lawns and such.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Use Generic links, one to get to the back of walk from the back of curb (width and slope don't matter since you will have targets for this), then another to go from there to the front of the sidewalk (4' @ 2%) so you can attach the sidewalk at that point. Once the Assembly is built, set the generic links to not be included.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Sounds as if it will work. But what do you mean by "set the generic links to not be included?" I think once I get in there I will figure it out, but as long as I have your attention ....

I have assemblies built already, so I should be able to edit them without haveing to start over, right? Everything (regions) are all set up in the Corridor already, so I don't want to start completely over there. 

Thanks. I will owe you a beer if we ever meet.

dr

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Another question: What do you think I should use to fill the space between the front of walk and the back of curb? Or is there nothing needed here and it will infer a finished grade from the two known points?

thanks again.

Message 5 of 8
Jeff_M

Yes, you should be able to just edit the assemblies. You will probably need to re-do any targets for those regions though.

Also, you will need a MarkedPoint and a LinkToMarkedPoint to get from the sidewalk back to the back of curb. This one you want to leave visible. Your assembly will end up looking something like this:

5-11-2012 9-37-52 AM.png

EESignature
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, ansolutely. I got the Link to marked point figured out, I think, by the time I checked back. I appreciation the affirmation, though. It does not show up in the assembly as going from the connection (back of curb) to the Marked POint (front of SW), but I assume once I process the corridor it will. I shall find out.

I wish I used corridors more than once or twice a year!

thanks!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

It all worked out great. thank you again.

Message 8 of 8
Jeff_M

You're welcome. Glad I could help!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report