Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapered retaining wall height

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DENNISTHIESSEN7722
881 Views, 3 Replies

Tapered retaining wall height

Does anyone know how one would create a tapered height retaining wall? We are planning on constructing a 8 foot retaining wall with the height tapered down to roughly 2 feet. Is this even possible? PLEASE help. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

How about a Feature Line?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: DENNISTHIESSEN7722

As PointDump suggests, featurelines might be a good way to go.  And you might also find the following AU class helpful.

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2013/infrastructure-design-suite/cr...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4

Definitely Featurelines. The attached shows a stepped wall but the procedure would be the same for a stepped wall. Featurelines that define the top and bottom of the wall. There has to be at least a minimal batter since you can't have the same Z for an X,Y.

The near vertical lines not only help shape the wall but let you define a Featureline Style that will label Top and Bottom of Wall by labeling the Featureline.

edit: I think I may have missed a couple of lines when I WBlocked. But I think you'll get the idea.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report