Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taper a trench assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
256 Views, 5 Replies

Taper a trench assembly

Hi,
I'm using the trenchpipe subassembly to grade a stream channel. I want the channel to taper/transistion from a trapezoidal into a triangular channel. How do I do this smoothly? I noticed that you can input different assemblies at different stations, but I don't want it to all of a sudden change at a certain station, I want it to taper down. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nzeeben
in reply to: Anonymous

Over a number of stations you could decrease the channel bottom width.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Kristina,

One way that you could do it is to make your own assembly using the
"generic" subassemblies. Start with two "LinkOffsetAndSlope" one on each
side, and then two "LinkSlopeToSurface". You will need to use negative
offset on one of the link offset and slope.

Then, you make two additional alignments, for the edge of the ditch lines,
with the taper that you want to use (in plan).

Let me know if you need more information on how to do this.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the responses. As for using the multiple alignments to taper the channel......it is not that easy for our project because our channel is really curvy and it would be really hard to draw an alignment to taper down uniformly.

I think I might just end up making a bunch of subassemblies to assign to groups of stations, although it will not be that smooth.

I was hoping there was a way for the program to do it - if you have any more ideas, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Now that I have applied the different subassemblies for different station intervals, the corridor contours do not want to generate. Any idea on how to fix this? I should add that the contours only show up for the first station range (first subassembly). Message was edited by: Kristina2006
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I got the contours to generate, but now my boundary is screwy.....I want it to follow the daylight feature line, but it just won't do it in some places.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report