Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag for parcel label

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
thanhtike.myn
1597 Views, 11 Replies

Tag for parcel label

Hi all,

when we create tag for parcel labels n create table, why the tag number in the table are out of order like L1,L2,L5,L10..?

Can we arrange the tag number in order?

And how to edit that tag table?

Rgds,

Thanhtike.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dasindog
in reply to: thanhtike.myn

You can handle that by editing the table style. 

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 12
thanhtike.myn
in reply to: dasindog

If you don't mind,can you please discuss in detail.

I want to know the steps.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Thanhtike

Message 4 of 12
Joe-Bouza

Choose edit table style and select the check box for sort labels assessing/ descending.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 12
devganesh

by selecting the parcel property, then click on renumber/rename then assign your starting number

Message 6 of 12
Deertick

To edit the Tag Table you can right click on it and select "table properties" from the menu or in your toolbar menu under table/properties. Once in the edit dialog box you can edit the text that goes into the table by double clicking on the text. You can also edit what info goes into the table like bearing, radius, length ect. The only thing that i haven't found out is how to size the actual column height of the table. Hope that makes sense for you.

Message 7 of 12
devganesh

thank you for your help.

Message 8 of 12
david.dixon

I believe this is a bug in the software. (C3D 2012)

For instance...I have a closed polyline which has lines and curves.  Using tag labels numbering the lines and curves get automatically labeled like this.

L1, L2, C1, L4, C2, L6, C3, C4, L9

The curves get automatically numbered consecutively but the lines do not.  The line numbering takes into account the curves with the numbering.  The curves ignore the lines and work fine.

It needs to be fixed by Autodesk.

David Dixon
Senior Civil Designer

hdrinc.com/follow-us
Message 9 of 12
david.dixon
in reply to: david.dixon

...and to add on...

If I try to edit the tag label from L3 to L2, any table I have in the drawing already will not update with the edited tag.  It will list the original number.  Looking at ways to do this in PowerCivil. not happy

David Dixon
Senior Civil Designer

hdrinc.com/follow-us
Message 10 of 12
david.dixon

ok, somewhat happy again...I found a workaround...

If you change the polyline to an alignment, then the line tag labels get numbered consecutively like they should be.  I had no luck with the line numbering with changing the polyline to a parcel.

And I did not really want to open PowerCivil Smiley Happy

cheers!

David Dixon
Senior Civil Designer

hdrinc.com/follow-us
Message 11 of 12
lkirby

Thanks for the work-around David!  I'm going to try that right now.  That label thing has plagued me for a couple years now.  Really frustrating when our county won't accept maps without the table numbers being consecutive.  Hopefully this will be gone next ver.  

Message 12 of 12
kcb764
in reply to: lkirby

Good morning. My first post here, and I wanted to revisit this to see if anyone is still experiencing this anomaly. I created parcels for a group of easements, have them in separate "Sites" and when i go to label them the line labels almost always skip multiple numbers. It is very frustrating to have to go back through and manually renumber these. It seems once you start the parcel process you better have it right the first time or your numbering will not work, or that you cannot have multiple parcels. It is odd either way. I am also not a fan of not being able to start every easement with L1. If anyone has come up with a true solution to this I would be greatful. Sincerely, Ken Sr. Cad Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report