Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabs sitching?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
colton.determan
294 Views, 7 Replies

Tabs sitching?

2014 C3D, We have been having issues with the drawing tabs flipping back to the most previous drawing. It seems like it might be linked to Data Shortcuts?

Has anyone else had this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: colton.determan

Yes, I've seen the tab switch to another drawing and often times it's self inflicted here.

For example if in "Master View" of Toolspace and Dwg A is active tab and Dwg B is also open.

Then I go to any object listed in Prospector under Dwg B (No I don't do this intentionally, I still think I'm in Dwg A), but it I'm a slow learner.

Now I right click an alignment or surface and choose "select" c3d switches to the Dwg B tab.

If this doesn't help, please pay attention to when it occurs and what exactly was being done prior to tab switch.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
Jeff_M

I've seen this in C3D2012 as well. I've also had it switch windows, so the last used window (Chrome, Windows Explorer, IE, Live Mail, etc.) gets placed on top of the C3D window and must be selected manually before being able to go back to C3D. It most always happens during a Save event (autosave usually).
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 8
colton.determan
in reply to: Jay_B

Message 5 of 8
rkmcswain

@colton.determan - did you ever figure out what is causing this?

I've got some users on C3D 2014 SP2 complaining about the same exact thing.

Thanks.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8
colton.determan
in reply to: rkmcswain

It still does it. Even in 2016

Message 7 of 8
rkmcswain

Strange, because I've never seen this myself - through years of using 2009-2016, and I only found this and one other thread about it here in the forums....... yet I have several users here with this exact issue.....

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 8
colton.determan
in reply to: rkmcswain

It has gotten better. It seems like when it is switching from editing a block or if your guys edit an x-ref it witches. I see it most of the time when i'm closing block editer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report