Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tables, actions, automation ?'s

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jms248
341 Views, 12 Replies

tables, actions, automation ?'s

First of all, I am new to this forum.

I am looking for a way to stream-line productivity of measuring points.

Currently working on monitoring surveys and have to show the movement of beams for the shoring walls.

The crew sets the benchmarks and every week goes back ties them in. I am currently measuring the horizontal, lateral, and vertical movement manually and then taking the numbers and typing them in excel.

is there a way to select the 2 points and it automatticaly insert the difference in a table?

Thanks for the help.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
tcorey
in reply to: jms248

Are the points just AutoCAD Points or are they Civil 3D points?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 13
jms248
in reply to: tcorey

They are Civil 3D points

Message 4 of 13
tcorey

If you convert the Civil 3D Points to regular blocks using CONVERTPOINTSTOSDSKPOINTS command (does not wipe out the c3d points) then I could write you a quick lisp routine that would allow you to pick two points and could place the data in a table. It might be a few days as we're busy this week.

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 13
jms248

What do you need from me, so you can write the LISP Routine? Ill have to research LISP Routines, I am not familiar with them.

Message 6 of 13
tcorey

Just tell me what information you need in the table, provide a drawing with the table style included.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 7 of 13
jms248

Message 8 of 13
tcorey

There are several line objects near the benchmark, each on a layer called monitoring#####, where ##### is a date. These must represent the shots you've taken. Yes?

How do I know which end of each line represents the point coordinates, or is there some other way to tell? Whichever end is closest to the benchmark? The start point? The end point?

My thought was to give you a text file with the information comma delimited and then you import it as a csv into Excel. Will that work for you?

You only mention a difference in northing. The differences you show in your xls file...Are those only differences in Northing or are those distances? 

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 9 of 13
Joe-Bouza

Is the ATTIN ATTOUT functions of any use to this task?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 10 of 13
tcorey

No, because his objects are either a circle or a line and I will have to collect the date from the end of the layer name. It's not a well-designed procedure they are using. No COGO points or even blocks at the locations. Just circles and lines. 

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 11 of 13
jms248

I exploded the points for this drawing. I do actually have points in the drawing.

I normally draw a line for horizontal (- or +) movement, and a line for Lateral (- or +) movement. I take a distance using (dist) and write down the movement. For most occassions the movement is plus or minus .01.

Some of our projects are getting to be time consuming due to the amount of points that need to be monitored.

Just looking for a way to streamline the data input to a table, whether it be a table inside of autocad, or a excel spread sheet.

I was thinking about creating a table style, label each line, then create a table.

Message 12 of 13
KirkNoonan

Sounds like it would be quicker and easier to do the calculations in Excel and have the spreadsheet dynamically linked into the drawing.

Message 13 of 13
tcorey

@jms248 wrote:

I exploded the points for this drawing. I do actually have points in the drawing.

Hello jms248,

It is difficult for me to create a solution unless you send me a drawing representatvie of what you are actually going to to use the program on. Please attach a representative drawing, not one that has been exploded.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report