Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T I N Surface at Zero Elevation?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JBR-1
1896 Views, 5 Replies

T I N Surface at Zero Elevation?

I used the Volume dashboard to cal volums so when I view the surface in object viewer or 3D I see my TIN volumes surface at zero elevation is this right? I think the reasone is because they want us to see both surface so they are not on top of one to another!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: JBR-1

Elevation 0 in a volume surface is where surface 1 = surface 2.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
JBR-1
in reply to: rkmcswain

Can you please give me more information, C3D just puts all Vol Surfaces at Zero Elevation?

and can you give me more information on sufrace 1=surface 2 please.

Message 4 of 6
troma

The volume surface is not drawn where you may think it would be; in between the Base surface & Comparison surface. Instead, it is drawn at the 'Volume Elevations'. In other words, if the difference between Base & Comparison at a location is 1.7, the volume surface will be at an elevation of 1.7 in that location. If Base & Comparison are at the same elevation at one location, the volume surface will be drawn at 0 elevation in that location. And if the Comparison surface is below the Base surface, the volume surface will be drawn at negative elevations in that location.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
rkmcswain

Sorry, troma explained it in more detail.

Does it make sense now?

In other words, the volume surface is the mass that would fit in between the base and comparison surface.

To borrow an image from Autodesk (below).... the red line is the point where the volume surface would = 0.0

vol2.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 6
JBR-1
in reply to: rkmcswain

You all Guys are Awsome, no problem every to big to get some help.
...............................................................................................................

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report