Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system suggestions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
138 Views, 3 Replies

system suggestions

I am looking for some system suggestions for Civil3d (processor, ram, video), especially video for the rendering and "drive-thru" feature. Any suggestions on brand and model of video card is greatly appreciated. Is Civil3d more or less demanding than Envision? Thanks, plt
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

dual monitors, dual monitors, dual monitors. Sorry for not being more specific but I could not function without them. I use ATI FireGL T2-128MB AGP 8X Video and have run into no problems. I cannot comment on complex rendering but I have not had a problem yet. "plt" wrote in message news:41b61331_2@newsprd01... > I am looking for some system suggestions for Civil3d (processor, ram, > video), especially video for the rendering and "drive-thru" feature. Any > suggestions on brand and model of video card is greatly appreciated. Is > Civil3d more or less demanding than Envision? > > Thanks, > > plt > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

"plt" wrote in message news:41b61331_2@newsprd01... > I am looking for some system suggestions for Civil3d (processor, ram, > video), especially video for the rendering and "drive-thru" feature. Any > suggestions on brand and model of video card is greatly appreciated. Is > Civil3d more or less demanding than Envision? As far as minimum system requirements go: <> Go with the best system you can afford (never hurts), and for the graphics card, check our knowledge base to make sure it has no compatibility problem with AutoCAD (as a general guideline). These are not requirements for Civil3D, but in general when buying a system you might want to look for some newer features such as... Motherboard - look for PCI Express graphics option support CPU - 800MHz front-size bus (if buying Intel) rather than 533/400 RAM - DDR2 or DDR Graphics card - *Hardware* support for DirectX 9.0 -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <>
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi, If you will be using VizRender for the render and drive thru - the video card memory requirements are not as important as you might think. The rendering process itself does not rely on the graphics card, rather on the cpu and RAM memory. The video card performance is only relevant in terms of the GUI while setting up your scene if you have a complex model. Once you go to actually render you don't need a video card. If you are interested in real-time simulation / rendering then yes - the more video memory you have the better, the key factors here are the complexity of the model (how many triangles in your surface), and the size (resolution) of the bitmaps you may be using to texture the geometry. For this I would recommend as a minimum 64megs (video memory) but 128 would probably be better. GeForce 4 would be the minimum type of card you would be considering though I believe NVidia has an array of even more powerful cards. For those of you who didn't get a chance to see Rapid Design Visualization (RDV) at Autodesk University last week I would encourage you to have a look at our website www.rdvsystems.com. You can download a free trial version of the software which enables you to create real-time, internet enabled simulations directly from Civil3D. It is designed for the typical Civil3D user who has little or no experience in visualization to quickly create drive thrus and other informative 3D presentation materials. Good Luck, Natan Elsberg natan@rdvsystems.com RDV Systems - www.rdvsystems.com "plt" wrote in message news:41b61331_2@newsprd01... > I am looking for some system suggestions for Civil3d (processor, ram, > video), especially video for the rendering and "drive-thru" feature. Any > suggestions on brand and model of video card is greatly appreciated. Is > Civil3d more or less demanding than Envision? > > Thanks, > > plt > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report