AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
kettledrum
Message 1 of 5 (539 Views)
Accepted Solution

Synchronizing data shortcuts breaks reference to alignment in profile labels

539 Views, 4 Replies
09-06-2013 06:58 AM

I have some storm sewer alignments that I've put into profiles in C3D 2011.  The pipe network that I used to create the alignments from is a reference created from a data shortcut.   I've created profiles of these storm sewer alignments, and the station labels for the storm structures are displayed at question marks until I go into the structure properties for each structure and link it to the correct alignment.  

The problem is that whenever I synchronize my data shortcuts because someone has updated something, all of the links in each structure to the alignments disappears and I am back to ??? for my stations in the profiles and I have to go go fix it again.   I'm sure there is a better way.  Anyone have any ideas on how to keep this from breaking?

I do see this recent message http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Station-Label-update-problem/td-p/4401905  that appears to be a similar problem, but it was said in that thread that this problem was introduced with C3D 2012, but I am using C3D 2011.....

CLick the little 'select' box on the right edge of the line where it says <default>. It's not obvious because the prompt is now on the command line to select the reference alignment on screen or you can hit Enter to select from a list.9-6-2013 9-49-55 AM.png

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 5 (518 Views)

Re: Synchronizing data shortcuts breaks reference to alignment in profile labels

09-06-2013 09:11 AM in reply to: kettledrum

This is an issue that has been around since the dawn of Dref's. Changing the referenced alignment for a structure is not retained, although I certainly wish it would. What does work is to change the reference alignment in the label...select the lable, go to the properties palette, change it there.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Contributor
kettledrum
Message 3 of 5 (513 Views)

Re: Synchronizing data shortcuts breaks reference to alignment in profile labels

09-06-2013 09:30 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for your reply.  I tried doing as you said.  However, in the properties box for the structure profile label, the only choice I have for Reference Alignment is <default>, none of my alignments are showing up there.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 4 of 5 (510 Views)

09-06-2013 09:52 AM in reply to: kettledrum

CLick the little 'select' box on the right edge of the line where it says <default>. It's not obvious because the prompt is now on the command line to select the reference alignment on screen or you can hit Enter to select from a list.9-6-2013 9-49-55 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Contributor
kettledrum
Message 5 of 5 (507 Views)

09-06-2013 10:01 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

Aha, that's it.  You're right, I ws missing the call back to the command line for input.  Thank you very much for your help!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.