Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol with Label Exporting

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Army2010
495 Views, 7 Replies

Symbol with Label Exporting

I have a drawing with a LOT of monitoring well symbols which have labels next to them. The symbols are simple drawings and the label is just text.

Is there a way to be able to export these with their coordinates and labels to a tablem (PNEZD style)? If not, and I don't think I can, how do I create a similar item that is "exportable" and would act like a point feature in ArcPad or other GIS based software.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rl_jackson
in reply to: Army2010

You should be able to export an ascii point file in NEZ format that can be imported to Arcpad (Right click points in prospector)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Army2010
in reply to: rl_jackson

But that will not give me the label information right? and if it is just a "circle" or square" or "triangle" then where is the XY coming from...OK, circle probably the center.

I need to be able to create a symbol with a label and then dump that "location" and label.

Message 4 of 8
Army2010

OK...I see how I can create a point at each location and assign a name and elevation. I would like to be able to dump the other stuff, but I guess this will work in a pinch...will take a long time since there are LOTS of locations.

thank you rl_jackson

Message 5 of 8
owenmull

I don't know if there is another way, but a way I generally get points, typically from survey data, which is in PNEZD format, is through using Description Keys.

Export the points in PNEZD file format.

To use Description Keys, Settings-->Point-->Description Key Sets

You can create a Description Key which reads the code (the "D" column in the PNEZD format) and controls the syle it is displayed, the level, color, etc.

If you have a Description Key Set already, make a new Key that fits.

Let's say you don't have a Key Set. Right Click 'Description Key Sets' and select 'New,' name it then right click it and select 'Edit Keys. Right Click anywhere and Select 'New...' Change the Code to match the same code as your PNEZD file (something like 'well' or whatever it is). Under the 'Style' column, click and open up a dialog list box, with two buttons to the right of it. Click the arrow down of the first button and select 'Create New,' and name it accordingly. 

Once in here, you can create a Marker (under the Marker tab) to display the symbol you want. Under the 'Use AutoCAD BLOCK symbol for marker' bubble, the box contains a list of pre-defined Autocadd symbols. If this is not what you wish, simply create your own block (what the well markers are), save it to the default cadd location, and repeat this process and select it. The 'Display' tab will show you what levels, linetypes, lineweights, and colors it will be drawn on.

Click 'OK' and once your new style is created, you can choose the point label style, and you should be good to go. Now using your Survey Database, you can import that PNEZD file (make sure your Survey Database is using the newly created Description Keyset) and it should import in your point data at the proper location with the proper symbol you are looking for. 

Kind of a long way around, but I think that is what you arel ooking for.

HTH

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Correction:

When you get to the 'Use AutoCAD BLOCK symbol for maker' from there you can right click in the box and select 'Browse' and navigate to where your desired block is. This tip escaped me moments ago.

HTH

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

I would think that DATAEXTRACTION should do the job. I haven't used this much, but Mr. Joe Bouza has posted numerous times on similar questions that this is the way to go.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
Joe-Bouza

The Data extraction wizard can be helpful. Ideallt, the text and the symbol should be one object, but assuming the label is "Close" you can extract the two from the drawing, then bump it into excel for the shift and reimport the new table.

notice the correspodance of the text corrd and the circle centers. If you lables are generally uniform you can get together with a few cut and paste.

detext.PNG

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report