Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol as Nodes and National Cad Standards

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MtnMax700
1400 Views, 5 Replies

Symbol as Nodes and National Cad Standards

I am trying to move my layer system to the NCS.  For items that have a "symbol" as the node, do you have a layer such as "V-SYMBOL-ELEC"  for power poles, peds and other equipment and then a layer "V-NODE-ELEC" for locating the under ground utilities?  Right now I have all nodes/symbols going to "V-NODE-ELEC" and the text going to "V-NODE-TEXT". 

My problem is that I want the under ground nodes to go away but then my symbols go away also.

Thxs.

David

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: MtnMax700

The NCS template out of the box is a format go-by. If you need layer to suit your needs, add them as you wish

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I may be wrong but I believe the layer classification for your electric power symbols should be V-POWR-*, not V-NODE-*.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: Neilw_05

Use the handy dandy point group for the underground stuff and set it blow the NO Display group wala there gone

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
_Hathaway
in reply to: MtnMax700

@ Mtnmax - We also encountered similar frustations when trying to adopt the very same standards you described.  We setup new layers for every point that had a symbol. In the case of a power pole the symbol would go on the V-POWR-SYMB layers while the associated text would go on a V-NODE-POWR-TEXT layer.  It was a little different at first but it works great and allows us to freeze and thaw the point text and symbol independent of each other.

Message 6 of 6
MtnMax700
in reply to: _Hathaway

I am thinking that is a better way to go than Point Groups.  I have people that don't have that much experience with Autocad-let alone CIVIL3D.  layer control is far easier to explain.

Thxs

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report