Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching layout tabs

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
rkmcswain
479 Views, 11 Replies

Switching layout tabs

Just wondering if anyone else ever has issues switching layout tabs by clicking on the tabs?

Occasionally, clicking the Model or other layout tab results in no action, as if I'm not clicking on it.

All other controls (within and external to C3D) function normally so it's not a mouse hardware issue.

It will usually correct itself if I "restore down" the main application window, then maximize it again.

The -layout command is a workaround too.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
rendarin
in reply to: rkmcswain

This has happened to me a few times too. When it does I usually just hit ctrl+page up or ctrl-page down to navigate between the model and layout tabs.
Message 3 of 12
troma

I've heard others in the office complaining, but haven't experienced it myself.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 12
rkmcswain
in reply to: rendarin

@rendarin wrote:
......I usually just hit ctrl+page up or ctrl-page down to navigate between the model and layout tabs.

Good one. I'll try to remember that one.

Message 5 of 12
MikeEvansUK

We have noticed a fault in 2013 switching from ps to ms using the tabs. I think it only happens with multiple ps tabs?

Can Anyone else confirm?
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 6 of 12
rendarin
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I've had this happen sometimes with only one layout tab. It seems to happen kind of randomly (or I havne't ofund the connecting issue yet) with files so I can't really test if I recall correctly.
Message 7 of 12
troma

Only glitch I've found is in renaming layout tabs.

Mark Green

Message 8 of 12
mathewkol

I've experienced it. I use the workarounds already posted.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 9 of 12
rendarin
in reply to: troma

@troma wrote:

I've never run into this, what happens and how do you work around it? (Just in case it surfaces here at the office)

Message 10 of 12
rkmcswain

@rendarin wrote:

@troma wrote:

I've never run into this, what happens and how do you work around it? (Just in case it surfaces here at the office)

You can use -layout, "r" option.

Some people say that if they switch to MS first, then they can RC on the layout tab and rename it.

Message 11 of 12
Nik-D

This happens to me occasionally. To get out of it I usually hit ESC and then the tab buttons work fine. One other thing that does occur from time to time is that the screen appears to freeze and the only way out of it is to minimise then restore the screen. The first few times this happened i thought the system had crashed.

Message 12 of 12
troma

@rendarin wrote:

@troma wrote:

Can't right-click and rename a layout.  Workaround is to switch to the layout, then double-click the layout name, and rename that way.

I had noticed that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  R.K. put his finger on it: if I'm in model tab, I can right-click any layout and rename.  If I'm in a paperspace tab I can't (at least in a quick test).

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report