Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swept Path software

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
neilyj666
2003 Views, 9 Replies

Swept Path software

I'm looking at two programs for swept path analysis (primarily for wind turbine transportation applications ) i.e. AutoTRACK and AutoTURN.

Has anyone any experiences with either/both of these programs or indeed any others that they'd be willing to share?

Thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: neilyj666

We use AutoTURN, but almost exclusively for simple truck turning patterns (fire truck, 18-wheeler, garbage truck, etc) in small site plans where this type of data is important to the design. Not much to report other than it works for our needs.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
jmayo-EE

I have been using AutoTrack for a number of years now. Like Randy I am using this primarily to demonstrate emergency vehicle and large truck accessibility for our site plans. Love using it. Great support.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
neilyj666
in reply to: jmayo-EE

As I'm on the contractor side of the fence I need to be able to justify reasons for buying.

In addition to wind transporter road design checks, I had thought of demonstrating suitability of traffic management proposals, temporary access roads/haul roads for trucks etc

Any more??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
dasindog

I've been using this for a while.It does a nice job and hey it's free! It's not very user friendly but I would suggest giving it a shot. I've read that it uses appropriate swept path analysis calculations just like Autoturn.

http://hawsedc.com/gnu/turn.php

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 6 of 10
troma

I've used AutoTURN too.  Got a good library of vehicles and I believe it alows you to design your own, although I never tried it.  I'm in Canda so that's the library I've used, but it has a list of other countries too.

It allows you to drive along a polyline or drive by hand (with the mouse), set a speed, playback afterwards, draws the centre, front & rear wheel paths, swept path of overlapping corner etc.

Our primary uses have been for smaller sites, to show larger vehicles will be able to access the loading area.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 10
neilyj666
in reply to: dasindog

Thanks for the link - will check it out

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
LeafRiders

We use AutoTURN on a regular basis to check road / haul access for construction vehicles and verify parking lot layouts and restrictions for complex site designs. Sometimes for garbage removal or semi-trailer access, things like that. 

AutoTURN does have a design vehicle library, but they clearly enjoy sticking it to the customer by breaking out numerous design vehicles separately into packages. You end up needing to buy additional design vehicles that are packaged up strategically to ensure you buy more add-ons. So your actual cost will vary depending on what vehicles you "need".

Message 9 of 10
neilyj666
in reply to: LeafRiders

Yes it seems tricky trying to establish exactly what is supplied as standard

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
neilyj666

Just downloaded it......

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report