Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping network parts will not work for me in 2012

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ryanbanning2585
1557 Views, 5 Replies

Swapping network parts will not work for me in 2012

I'm trying to swap one type of inlet for another. I can swap the type-13 to a type-R but when I try to swap it for a double type-13 it reverts to the single type-13. This is happening with a 7' manhole as well. I can swap a 6' for a 4' or an 8' but it will not swap to a 7', it reverts to a 6'. Is there something in the catalog for this that preventing the swap?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SethHall
in reply to: ryanbanning2585

Is this just limited to this single file, or have you noticed this in all files? 

In regards to your catalog, have you merged or created these parts in 2012 yet? Are you just pointing "back" to the 2011 catalog?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 6
ryanbanning2585
in reply to: SethHall

It seems to be in all files. I have not created any parts in 2012. One wouldn't have to do that in every new version that comes out would they? That'll be a load of extra expense and time to update to new versions...

Message 4 of 6
SethHall

In 2012 the default location for the part catalog is: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Pipes Catalog\ 

Its possible that this drawing created from an earlier version is looking for those parts noted and unable to find them, thus unable to swap. Trying point back to your previous version catalog with SETNETWORKCATALOG, then run PARTCATALOGREGEN and see if you can swap.

I have also seen this issue occur with corrupted networks. You may want to try LANDXMLOUT/LANDXMLIN to see if that helps.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 6
ryanbanning2585
in reply to: SethHall

Okay, thanks. I think you helped me figure out what was wrong. Our parts list was from our master template in the 2010 version but the catalog we were using was the 2012 default. I could insert the parts that were not in the 2012 catalog since they were in the part list but could not swap to them. I added the part dimensions to the catalog in the partbuilder and now I can swap to them. I had to take the part catalog off of the C drive and place it on the network since it is read only in windows 7 then redirect to it.

Message 6 of 6
SethHall

Great! Glad to help!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report