Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Traverse Repetitive Measurements Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
punisher
613 Views, 4 Replies

Survey Traverse Repetitive Measurements Problem

I need to perform some analyses on a traverse I have.

All going ok, except that I cannot seem to occupy same station and observe a second station. I cannot add it to another traverse and get it to balance across separate traverses.

How do I add multiple observations to differeing stations in same traverse?  This will allow me to close the loop eventually.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you using Least Squares Adjustment.  To make mutlple shots on the same point you will have to use least squares.  I have not used the LSA in Civil in years, but will take a look at you file, if you like.

Lee

Message 3 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: punisher

Sounds to me like you have 2 Traverse Loops that come back to the common points on the first loop. You need to balance them one at a time. I would balance the larger loop first then do the secondary loop holding the first balance, you could add this second shot as a sideshot within the overall loop (but not required), and then staion it in you second loop.

Pic would help.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
punisher
in reply to: rl_jackson

Jackson,

The problem is that I do not have a Closed loop in a continuous, old school fashion. What I have is occasional ties and measurements from one station. The traverse will often continue on from the second or third location at that station. Once an observation is entered at that station, there is no way (that I can determine) to continue enter another setup in the traverse.

Realistically, it's as if you have to completely map out the field notes and pick out ONLY the  continuous stream, BEFORE entering any information from the notes. As usability goes, this is a huge time killer, to literally go through the traverse twice in order to enter it in.

I did get LS to run from the Network context menu. I am working with that for now.

If you have any further recommendations please let me know.  So far my results are not too hot.

I'd like to be able to enter in the traverse info almost like a field book file, and I would then expect the software to overlay it on the screen, and identify where problems exist.  Probably dreaming huh?

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
Message 5 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: punisher

Have you tried the Coordinate Geometry Editor availible on subscription - it will let you load a polyline.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report