Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Points and the database they are tied to.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pcchenard
171 Views, 4 Replies

Survey Points and the database they are tied to.

I have people importing survey points into drawings and importing them into the wrong survey databases.  Is there some way to tell from the survey points in a drawing what database they are tied to?  And it isn't always all the points in the drawing that are in the wrong database.  They may import one data set into the correct database and then a few days later import another dataset into the wrong database.  So far I am unable to find anything in the drawing that will tell me what database a point is tied to.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: pcchenard

Ouch!  It sounds like they are in desparate need for some training.  But to answer your question, I don't know of any way to do what you seek.

Sorry.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: pcchenard

Can't help you with finding the DB. But THIS tool from Autodesk Exchange might be a good investment. Doesn't cost much and can save you this headache in the future.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
pcchenard
in reply to: doni49

@doni49 wrote:

Ouch!  It sounds like they are in desparate need for some training.  But to answer your question, I don't know of any way to do what you seek.

Sorry.

I was affraid of that.

The users have been shown how to properly set their working folder several times.  It doesn't seem to help.

Message 5 of 5
pcchenard
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

Can't help you with finding the DB. But THIS tool from Autodesk Exchange might be a good investment. Doesn't cost much and can save you this headache in the future.

Allen

Thank you, Allen!  It boggles my mind that Autodesk doesn't have this functionallity built into their product!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report