Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey - Multiple Codes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Alan Richards
154 Views, 1 Reply

Survey - Multiple Codes

In C3D 2007, does anyone know if you can use multiple feature codes in your data-logger. For example where 2 features come together, say, a fence finishes, and a wall begins ?
I have experimented adding another code to a line in an FBK file, but not successfully.
I used to be able to do that in my old SDR Map days, and that was in 1988 ! So come on, A-Desk get up to speed with the real world.

TIA,

Alan.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sinc
in reply to: Alan Richards

I wrote a simple routine to parse linework codes embedded in CSV files. If multiple string codes are used for a single point, it generates multiple points, one for each code.

For example, we use ptcode 3 for TOE, and 5 for TOP. Ptcodes can be separated from string identifiers by a string identifier. So, for example, take the following field shot (in PNEZD format:)

100 1000 1000 1000 3.1.5.2

This is point number 100, and the description for the point is "3.1.5.2". The "3.1" part gets parsed as TOE1, and the "5.2" part gets parsed as "TOP2". This causes TWO survey points to be dumped into C3D, one with a "TOE1" description and one with a TOP2 description. The TOE1 point is added to the TOE1 figure, and the TOP2 point is added to the TOP2 figure (any necessary BEGins or CONTinues needed for the figures are added automatically by the parsing routine).

More details at:
http://www.ejsurveying.com/csv_to_fbk.htm

You can also buy something like the Stringer utility.
Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report