AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Dunc Sargent
Message 11 of 13 (44 Views)

Re: Survey module

10-28-2004 12:42 PM in reply to: pcchenard
Not really, since we can't discuss unannounced products or schedules. Anything we might tell you would be a guess at best, and probably not be the kind of data you would want to bank on. Basically, there is no product until it gets announced. On another note, I wrote this poem about waiting. leaves that grew in spring now fall as autumn breezes wisk and grow again next spring little changes do they risk a summer then and fall again and spring to come once more then my love will whisper the words that i adore --dunc++ "pcchenard" wrote in message news:24914910.1098975401189.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I would really like to hear from one of the developers on this if possible. Is there one out there who can offer some insite? > > Thanks, > Pete
*Allen Jessup
Message 12 of 13 (44 Views)

10-28-2004 01:02 PM in reply to: pcchenard
If you have Civil design on subscription you will automatically be migrated to Civil Design Professional. If you only have LDT you will have the opportunity to migrate the licenses to Civil 3D for $100.00. I would take that dead (actually I am taking that deal). I've been told that until all the modules (with the possible exception of Hydrology) are migrated to Civil 3D you will still get a "Companion" installation of LDT for that release. Talk to your reseller about what is best for you. If you still get the "We don't know" routine get a different reseller. If you subscription contract is still in effect you should be getting a letter from Autodesk explaining some of this. You could also try calling the Autodesk Business Center. Give them your subscription contract # and see if you can get anything out of them. Luck Allen "pcchenard" wrote in message news:27742373.1098989603239.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Probably not...but that's a crock. Subscriptions are due and I need to figure out how many licenses of what to keep, downgrade or ditch. I can't do that without knowing what is goig to happen with the Survey module. But then what do they care? It's in their best interest and more money in their pocket to keep me in the dark.D
*Don Reichle
Message 13 of 13 (44 Views)

10-29-2004 06:17 PM in reply to: pcchenard
Dunc; And to think I almost skipped these last two notes in the thread. I'm impressed! A computer nerd with the gift of prose! Whooda thunk it? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Dunc Sargent" wrote in message news:41814b9e$1_1@newsprd01... > Not really, since we can't discuss unannounced products or schedules. > Anything we might tell you would be a guess at best, and probably not be > the > kind of data you would want to bank on. Basically, there is no product > until it gets announced. > > On another note, I wrote this poem about waiting. > > leaves that grew in spring > now fall as autumn breezes wisk > and grow again next spring > little changes do they risk > a summer then > and fall again > and spring to come once more > then my love will whisper > the words that i adore > > --dunc++ > > "pcchenard" wrote in message > news:24914910.1098975401189.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> I would really like to hear from one of the developers on this if > possible. Is there one out there who can offer some insite? >> >> Thanks, >> Pete > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.