Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey line work through the survey database

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
civman_daar
259 Views, 2 Replies

Survey line work through the survey database

C3D 2012 SP 4

Win 7 Pro

Can I have combination raw descriptions on one shot?  Example: bc1 e sw1 st

where I am ending the back of curb shot and beginning a sidewalk at the same point.

If I start linework with a curve, 3 shots, Example: ea1 pc, ea1, ea1 pt

Do I need a an extra shot (tangent) preceeding ea1 pc to get the curve to draw correctly?, or can I use

ea1 pc, ea1, ea1 pt to draw the curve?

Or do I have to envoke the st (begin) like this, ea1 pc st, ea1, ea1 pt

How does C3D handle reverse curves? Is ea1pc, ea1, ea1pc, ea1, ea1 pt the correct sequence fro drawing a reverse curve?

In a situation where a symbol is needed in a combination shot, the code for the symbol is first, then the linework, correct? Example: sanmh ss1 st

where a sanmh symbol and a line draw for ss1 (sanitary sewer line) are the same point.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: civman_daar

Just start a curve, EA1 BC (Begin Curve), then code the rest EA1 untul you want to stop curves and code the last one EA1 EC (End Curve). C3D will just make back to back curves until you tell it to stop with the EC.
Yes to your last paragraph.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
IanMcClain
in reply to: civman_daar

Yes, you may combined figure prefixes.

No, you don't need a tangent line point to start a curve if you use the BC/EC (PC/PT) method. You may also define the tangents and a single point on the curve with the OC code. (see reference below)

If you start a curve and pick sufficient geometry along the curve to define the reverse curve it will come in just fine.

Symbols codes should be first in a description since the description key only matches on the part of the description before the first space.

Yes, you can code a point and linework in the same description.

Examples:http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2012/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-BCAEAD35-C361-40B7-ABF5-284FF36BA03-347.htm

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report