Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

survey instrument down any suggestions

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
djocwf54
287 Views, 6 Replies

survey instrument down any suggestions

The survey instrument is at the shop.

I have on my desk a hand written list of northing and easting and a description key number.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this into a field book form without having to type in each and every number?

Just thought id ask.

thanks for all your help

dj

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
petrocat
in reply to: djocwf54

The quick an easy way to bring those into a Civil3D file as points, would be to type them into  Excel in columns of point, northing, easting. Then save as a .csv file and import points from a file, setting the format to PNE (comma delimitted). You don't need a field book. Trying to make a field book by hand would be a bad use of time, in my opinion.

Message 3 of 7
djocwf54

I agree typing it into anything seems like a waste of time but typing it into word takes about the same time as typing it into excell.

dj

Message 4 of 7
djocwf54

then why choose excell

in word i can give it a desc key and it will put in my symbols

just wondering

Message 5 of 7
petrocat

It would be user preference; whichever is most familiar/comfortable, since you can do what is required for this excercise easily in  both.

Message 6 of 7
djocwf54
in reply to: petrocat

thanks i love excell but had it halfway done in word before i read your post thanks for the input

Message 7 of 7
david.zavislan

Type them directly into Civil 3D via the Survey Command line.  It has an option to record a batch file that you can check for typing errors.   If there are any, edit the batch file and run it again.  This is how data was input (DCA software) prior to data collectors and field book files..

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report