I have taken a .raw file and converted it to a .fbk file to import through AutoCAD's survey data collection link. I have my drawing and the survey database set to the proper state plane coordinates (Florida State Planes, North Zone, US Foot, FL83NF) for our area. I noticed that the raster aerial, the .shp file with the property locations and the .pl3 file that I had for the project are all lining up as they are supposed to. However, when I import the survey it completely throws it off for some reason. I am doing to upload the .pl3, the .fbk and the .raw file to this response as well as a screen capture to make sure we are getting the same results. I also uploaded an error that i got on import but I don't know what it means or what to change on it. I am completely lost with this and don't know what direction to go with it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I just checked and it has a folder with the listed files in it. I will re zip it without the folder and attach it to this response.
It looks like you entered a couple of the control coordinates incorrectly. The value for 105 in the FBK does not match the pl3 file. I also suspect that happened on a later setup. Look for lines that beging with "NEZ" in the FBK file. These are where the coordinates are stored.
I changed the NEZ points to match the .pl3 and that seems to have fixed the problem. I now am curious why AutoCAD changed the points in the first place. Like I stated before, my drawing and the surey database are all set to the same coordinate system so I couldn't imagine an adjustment would be needed. On top of that, it is done in the filedbook file which was created using AutoCAD's Survey Data Collection Link addon in Civil3D. Anyone know of a reason the software would have changed these points?
I don't think autocad changed anything. The coordinates are incorrect in the .raw file as well. I am not sure how the .pl3 was generated, but it probably didn't use the coordinates of the control that are in the .raw file.
I have seen this before where a separate control file was used during processing but not during collection.
The raw data was extracted out of the data collector and put into Foresight to create the .pl3 file. I also used the raw data file to create my fieldbook with minor changed (putting a space between description codes and line codes because the surveyor forgot to insert the space in the data collector). I am going to show this to our survey manager and see if we can locate the problem. Thank you for your help!
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.