AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Mentor
deltacoolguy
Message 1 of 5 (112 Views)

Survey: How many label styles do you have/use?

112 Views, 4 Replies
01-23-2014 07:42 AM

Survey:  How many label styles do you have/use?

Pipe network pipe & structure label styles for plan and/or profile.  Property line bearing and/or distance.  And so on.

Do you try to have a label style for pretty much every conceivable variation?  Or, do you tend to have a minimal number of styles then modify a particular label when called for?

Just asking for curiosity purposes.  I started trying to have a style for every conceivable situation, but have since cut that in half.  I still like to have a style for common situations, but am willing to edit individual labels as necessary.

Windows 7-64
8GB RAM
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 5 (106 Views)

Re: Survey: How many label styles do you have/use?

01-23-2014 08:08 AM in reply to: deltacoolguy
Lots!
I'm kinda a 'one-for-each' guy.
I've no idea how to do a count, without actually counting...

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 3 of 5 (97 Views)

01-23-2014 08:20 AM in reply to: deltacoolguy
Only about 2 dozen or so, I usually edit/create as I go, this is the best of worlds, but there are just so many variables we doing a survey, that it really make it difficult to have labels for every situation IMO.
C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
Mentor
deltacoolguy
Message 4 of 5 (89 Views)

01-23-2014 08:49 AM in reply to: rl_jackson

rl_jackson wrote:
...there are just so many variables we doing a survey, that it really make it difficult to have labels for every situation IMO.

That's exactly why I started editing some individual labels.  There are just so many variables and my list of styles was getting way too long.  Shoot, to scroll through and find the right one to pick might take longer then editing another one that is close to what I want.  Well, it seemed so, anyway.

Windows 7-64
8GB RAM
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013
Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 5 of 5 (66 Views)

01-23-2014 04:39 PM in reply to: deltacoolguy
On other though is to use a base style like B&D above the line, and then created child styles under that which you can select for my Measures/Field distance, Deed/Record and Calculated distance. This is still cumbersome when it comes to survey drawings, when you have a prior record distance but a different bearing, again just too may variables.
C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.