Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey: How many label styles do you have/use?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
deltacoolguy
256 Views, 4 Replies

Survey: How many label styles do you have/use?

Survey:  How many label styles do you have/use?

Pipe network pipe & structure label styles for plan and/or profile.  Property line bearing and/or distance.  And so on.

Do you try to have a label style for pretty much every conceivable variation?  Or, do you tend to have a minimal number of styles then modify a particular label when called for?

Just asking for curiosity purposes.  I started trying to have a style for every conceivable situation, but have since cut that in half.  I still like to have a style for common situations, but am willing to edit individual labels as necessary.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Lots!
I'm kinda a 'one-for-each' guy.
I've no idea how to do a count, without actually counting...

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
rl_jackson

Only about 2 dozen or so, I usually edit/create as I go, this is the best of worlds, but there are just so many variables we doing a survey, that it really make it difficult to have labels for every situation IMO.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
deltacoolguy
in reply to: rl_jackson

@Anonymous wrote:
...there are just so many variables we doing a survey, that it really make it difficult to have labels for every situation IMO.

That's exactly why I started editing some individual labels.  There are just so many variables and my list of styles was getting way too long.  Shoot, to scroll through and find the right one to pick might take longer then editing another one that is close to what I want.  Well, it seemed so, anyway.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 5
rl_jackson

On other though is to use a base style like B&D above the line, and then created child styles under that which you can select for my Measures/Field distance, Deed/Record and Calculated distance. This is still cumbersome when it comes to survey drawings, when you have a prior record distance but a different bearing, again just too may variables.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report