Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

survey figures

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
snuffysmithy
1169 Views, 4 Replies

survey figures

I imported survey data from a file into the drawing and created a surface from the points and figures. No problem. Engineer wanted to change the datum from assumed to known. At this point all figures have been copied to a new layer flattened and changed to 2D polylines in order to hatch. Then the figures reimported. I raised all the points with the edit datum and raised the figures with edit survey figures. Surface was adjusted and tweaked. Everything was fine. I open the drawing and all the figures are back at assumed datum and the points are on the right datum. Now when I tweak the surface it uses the bogus elevations from the figures.  How can I get my figures to save the adjusted elevations?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: snuffysmithy

Try updating the figures in the database, if you update the data in the SDB it should work fine.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
snuffysmithy

The figures were changed to another layer. If I translate they come in on the initial layers. Now I have figures and 2D polylines on the same layers. I am unable to hatch concrete areas with survey figures. The solution we have to that is to explode the figures, flatten and convert to 2d polylines. Then Wblock out. Change survey figures to one layer. Wblock in. Now Edge of conrete is on right layer and we are able to hatch. This all worked well, until we had to modify the surface. What a mess!

Message 4 of 5
rl_jackson

I keep all my figures at elevation, and even add them to the surface as breaklines (the breakline box is checked), and dont see a hatching problem with closed figures at elevation. C3D12 (formerly 11) ? Rick

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
_Hathaway
in reply to: rl_jackson

If the data you are modifying is survey data we have found it easiest to modify the elevations in your source data. I.E Ascii.txt import file and then reimport.  Trying to change survey data inside your drawing can lead to issues as you can see.

We only import ascii files so this isn't a big deal.  However, if you're importing FBK or XML data you may have a more difficult time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report