Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Figures - Linetype Generation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
paulgalli5397
606 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Figures - Linetype Generation

So, after several years of dealing with survey figures not doing linetype generation, it is all of a sudden working.  Anyone know what this is about?  I even went into one that I did 3 years ago (that I know wasn't working because I have two layers - one 2d and one survey figs).  Anyone know what's up?  Did autodesk finally get the hint?  Was it any easy setting thing that got tweaked accidentally?  Frankly, it is a little bizare, and I'm afraid that something got screwed up in my drawings, which will affect other things.  No way this could be good.  🙂

C3D - 2014, Sincpac Addon
Land Surveyor
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Ok - so it looks like it is something new with 2013.  Makes sense.  We jumped from 2011 to 2014, and I haven't been doing any topos for the last year or two. 

C3D - 2014, Sincpac Addon
Land Surveyor
Message 3 of 4
Nrhoads
in reply to: paulgalli5397

I'm glad it has been addressed but the problem is it's "hard coded" to always be on for every figure. Why not have a toggle for each figure, like we have for each polyline?

Some of my wire fences --- X --- and wood fences --- / ---, etc occasionally have a crazy vertex that the linetype symbol sticks out like a sore thumb and it would be better to toggle it off for these situations. But then have it on for dashed or hidden linetypes that have many vertecies.

See my post...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/survey-figure-quot-linetype-generation-quot-t...

~Nick

Message 4 of 4
_Hathaway
in reply to: Nrhoads

Yes, definitely needs a toggle. The ones I don't like are where the space in the dash ends up at a corner so you don't actually see the corner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report