Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Figures assigned to proper layers

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jimsoehner
853 Views, 5 Replies

Survey Figures assigned to proper layers

I'm setting up some computers for training some new users on Civil 3D 2011 and Im having problems with importing points and creating figure lines, works great on all the computers in the office, but in the training room can not get the figure lines to assign to the proper layers.   They all go on the zero layer.  All the setting I see are the same.  Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jim

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: jimsoehner

Only time I've seen anything like that is when Toolspace -> Survey tab -> Survey User Settings -> Figure Defaults is not configured properly.

Sinc
Message 3 of 6

Do you have the Figure Prefix Database installed or pathed on that machine?

Whenever I make updates to the Figure Prefix Database I have to make sure IT gets it copied over  to each workstation.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 6

Yes finally found the reason, really dumb reason, they all needed to have the two service packs installed.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
IanMcClain
in reply to: jimsoehner

Just curious: what version is this you are dealing with? We are moving to 2012 soon and it would be nice to iron out all the wrinkles before mass deployment.

Ian McClain
Message 6 of 6
jimsoehner
in reply to: IanMcClain

I was training on 2011 but I have the survey figures working in 2012 and 2013 I hoping to deploy 2013 in the next couple of weeks.  We skip every other version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report