Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Figures as Breaklines for Surfaces

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
494 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Figures as Breaklines for Surfaces

If one decides to use the H and V offset Figure Commands from the Linework Code Set....say for a gutter GUT B to create the top face of Curb [Gut B H.1 V.5] and to create the back of curb just [GUT B H.1 V.5 H.5]   dont need the V.5 because i already used it for the top face of curb....anyways......it comes into drawing under the Figures category as GUT with a plus sign next to it and if you expand it Civil 3D named the top face fo curb GUT.1 and back of curb GUT.2

Am very happy with how they were all drawn as well

But when i go to make a surface, then right click the Figures category and select Create Breaklines...

The offset breaklines are not in that first box as an option.....I still have to go select them manually in order for them to be added as a breakline

Am i missing a small setting or is this what we have to deal with?

Thanx in advance!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have the Desc Key field checked for use as breakline ?

Rick

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

yes i did

see attached word

it doesnt seem to want to automatically add the offset figures as an option for a breakline in the Create Breaklines box

for example

GUT.1 and GUT.2 were my offset breaklines for top face of curb and back of curb

but i only had a preset figure for GUT which i had set as a breakline if anything in the data collector started with GUT

GUT.1 starts with GUT ...... what gives?

thanx

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I've had the same problem.  Been wondering if the are going to fix this problem anytime soon.  It's very annoying to have to select all figures created from offsets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report