Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Figure Point Order Problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
doni49
293 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Figure Point Order Problem

Hi all!

Some time ago, did some work on a survey project.  When I imported the points and allowed it to connect them to create feature lines, I found that some of the shots had been taken in the wrong order producing some very odd shapes.  See the attached "BEFORE" image.

I changed the point order in the figure definition and then saved the changes back to the survey database.

Now a couple of months later, I'm working on the design side of this project.  I've opened a NEW dwg file and then opened the survey DB.  When I add the figures to the dwg file, they look the way they did before I made my changes.  But the original survey dwg file still looks good (see the attached "AFTER" image).

I'm absolutely certain that after I changed the figures, I updated the survey DB.  But just to be sure, I right-clicked on one of the figures that's now once again showing as bad and clicked on "Update Survey from Drawing".  I figured that way, I wouldn't have to rely on my memory.  Then I closed the Survey DB and reopened my new dwg file, opened the Survey DB and add figures to drawing.  They still show the figures wrong.

I've also attached both dwg files.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA!

P.S. There seems to be an issue with file size/number of files.  I'll post the Survey file in a reply message.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Here is the survey file.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
doni49

Wel we got it figured out here.  Still no idea what caused it in the first place but it's fixed.

Somehow the survey DB had both the old and new feature line definitions -- but in the survey dwg file, only the new ones were showing up.  We found that the new file had both.  I deleted the old feature lines from the survey DB and everything looks good now.

Don Ireland

Message 4 of 4
cbaildon001

I've found that if you make some changes by any method except 'processing linework' and then afterwards 'process linework' again, that you will get two figures in the database.

One correct one where you had made the manual edits and one as it was originally by processing the linework again.

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report