Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey figure defualt style ignored

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
IanMcClain
523 Views, 12 Replies

Survey figure defualt style ignored

When bringing in some figures that don't match the figure prefix database in a drawing with a set default style for figures (settings tab>survey>edit feature settings) it is being ignored and the "standard" style is being created and used. Is there another setting?

Ian McClain
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: IanMcClain

In the Settings of the Toolspace, under Survey, so you have your Figures set up under there?  This is where the Figure Prefix Database reads the styles of the figures.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 13
IanMcClain
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Yes, I have four styles in my template and one of those is set to default. However, when a figure doesn't match the prefix database, it creates a new "standard" style and uses that.

Ian McClain
Message 4 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM

The figures are created in the toolspace settings...

4-4-2012 8-46-10 AM.png

These need to be specified in the database...

4-4-2012 8-46-10 AM.png

If these don't match, standard is substituted.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 13
DaveM
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I agree what you did seems like it should work, I found another setting for style tucked into survey user setting. You might give it a try.7-26-2013 2-06-15 PM.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 6 of 13
IanMcClain
in reply to: DaveM

Haha! Success! I new there had to be a redundant, un-intuitive setting hidding somewhere!

Thank you, Sir!

Ian McClain
Message 7 of 13
DaveM

Sometimes its like playing with a double lightswitch. They both have to be on for anything to work. So Frustraiting.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 8 of 13
drenaud
in reply to: DaveM

C3D 2019

Resurrecting this. I have the default survey figure set in two places:

Settings tab>Survey, Edit Feature Settings

and

Survey User Settings

When I go Survey>Figures>Insert Figure Interactively, I'm still getting the Standard figure instead of the one I want as default.

Where are the default settings for this command?

Message 9 of 13
drenaud
in reply to: drenaud

CORRECTION

If i create a figure interactively it uses what I set as default. It is when I open a survey command window and OFFSET an existing figure (I'm creating curb & gutter) that it seems to be stuck on Standard. and Standard doesn't default to being used as a breakline so I have to open the slow survey figure editor for each and every new figure to change it to a breakline. Also, on opening the Survey Figure Editor it switches the figure to Standard and Layer 0. Thank goodness for MATCHPROP, which at least works on figures for layer & style.

Message 10 of 13
rl_jackson

@drenaud,

Offsetting a survey figure will give you a feature line not a survey figure. This is probably why its going to standard. If you code the Horizontal and vertical offsets before import they will use the figure style based on the description.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
drenaud
in reply to: rl_jackson

I had them (offsetted figures) list as survey figures, and they showed up the toolspace as survey figures.

I've given up. I am using linework codes to offset the back of curb now.

thanks for the reply

Message 12 of 13
rl_jackson

I can not replicate the figure being created from the generic offset or by using the stepped offset commands in C3D19 with all current SP's installed, or any other version I've used. I can say that via, the point file using the HO VO commands in the linework codes does reflect survey figures, but that has to be coded in the description.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
drenaud
in reply to: rl_jackson

see other thread/post. I was using the OFFSET command available in the survey command window to get a survey figure from a survey figure offset. This way simply doesn't work well enough in production if you have to edit every resulting figure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report