Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

survey databese functionality

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
achillesgr
294 Views, 7 Replies

survey databese functionality

hello,

i have some issues with survey database use and i need some guidlines please.

here is my problems:

i created a database that i would like to add some control points from time to time BUT if  the new point have the same name with a point already stored in , i get the message " ignore the point" or " ignore all" .

why i do not have the " add counter " for example or the other options i have when importing points?

this is very inconvenient because i must cancel the whole operation OR only some points then find these points , remame , reimport....

what am i missing?

how you guys use the database?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
achillesgr
in reply to: achillesgr

Message 3 of 8
Pointdump

A,

So you figured out a solution? Please share and tell us what you did, so that others might benefit.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 8
achillesgr
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave, No I didn't manage to figure out how to do it. I am working in blind and I gave up.I am missing basic knowledge I would like to learn more before I setup something that will be completely wrong. With the little knowledge I have about civil3d , trial and error is an option but do not have that time. Thanks, I will let you know when I figure it out.
Message 5 of 8
Pointdump

Achilles,

I haven't done much with the Survey Database, but you can add an offset to any imported points, thusly:

Offset_Pt-Num.png

You might have to peek at the point file with a text editor, ahead of importing, so that you'll know how much to offset.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 6 of 8
achillesgr
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave, If I add points from a file with ENZ only format, there is no problem because c3d assign ids that is missing. If I add points from a DWG, these points have already ids and there is the problem. Yes the offset is an option. Another thought I haven't test it is to make an intermediate DWG that I will copy there all the points I need from time to time and import points from that file with the option "all points" at the first time and then simply reload the import event. I do not know if that will work. Another question I have for databases is how to find where topographicaly the points are?I mean if I have all the points in a DWG file I know where each point is , how I know that with database so to bring a point in a file? Thanks!
Message 7 of 8
Pointdump

Achilles,

I like the intermediate drawing idea. You could name it "Pointdump.dwg".

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 8 of 8
_Hathaway

While I can't speak for others....but you will need to have a directory/project structure setup to control your data. Without this you're going to run into problems like where to keep data and such.

Each database must have its own unique point numbers and all input needs to come through the database. If you start from a blank empty database you will need to have some method(prior to importing) that controls the point numbering for each database.

Once you have things setup things work smoothly. Going in blind without a plan is a recipe for disaster.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report